Nasi Goreng (Simply Fried Rice)

This is one of those recipes that belong to the initial days when I had started collecting recipes and lyrics. This one is quite unique, as this occupies the first position in my collection of recipes. I was introduced to this simple, yet delicious Indonesian Fried Rice through a magazine (the name of which I am unable to recollect, as it was years before). Reading a lot of those recipes aroused a desire in me to collect all the easy to make recipes, so that one day I'll be able to prepare it for my dear ones. As we didn't own a comp then, I started the habit of writing down recipes in my notebooks which I still preserve. Blogging is indeed a blessing in disguise for me to share those recipes with the world.

Then and now, this recipe is one of the easiest forms of fried rice. The taste is not the usual, so ppl who love Indonesian food would love it more.

Serves: 2-3
Ingredients:

Basmati Rice - 3 cups
{ It is essential that the rice is not over-cooked. Rice that is cooked and cooled is best suited to prepare this recipe }
Vegetable Oil - 4 tbsps
Large Onions - 1
Tomato Ketchup - 1 tbsp
Soy Sauce - 1 tbsp
Salt - to taste.

Method:

Chop the onion finely into thin pieces. Cook and cool the rice. Heat oil in a pan. Fry the onion till golden brown. Add salt to taste. Reduce the flame, and add rice. Add soy sauce and tomato ketchup, and mix the rice thoroughly.

This can be
served hot with Pepper Chicken Chettinad.

Vegetables like carrot, beans, or cabbage can be added to this rice.

0 Rants & Raves:

Post a Comment